INFORMATION TO ALL CLIENTS CONCERNING THE MAINTENANCE OF THE HEALTH PROTOCOL IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE MEASURES TAKEN AGAINST COVID -19
Welcome to El Greco Hotel
We would like to inform you that our accommodation complies with the special protocols of health content, on the basis of which the tourist enterprises operate in the context of taking measures against the COVID-19 corona, as defined by the Joint Ministerial Decree No. 1881 / 29.5.2020. Decision of the Ministers of Finance - Health - Tourism (Government Gazette 2084 B '/ 29-5-2020).
All our staff has received the necessary training which complies with the health protocols.
The accommodation complex has received a "Health First" certification from the Ministry of Tourism, which proves that the company adheres to the health content protocols.
In our efforts to respond to the new data brought about by the COVID-19 corona pandemic, we ask you to be understanding and to adhere to the COVID-19 coronary transmission prevention measures.
We would like to inform you that the company is not liable to any person directly or indirectly related to the coronary COVID-19, as it complies with the special protocols of health content and has the "Health First" certification mark (par. 5, article 60, n). . 4688 / 24-5-2020).
On behalf of the management of El Greco Hotel, we wish you a pleasant and safe stay!
- Wherever required, Personal Protective Equipment: Masks (simple surgical or cloth / fabric) and disposable gloves are available.
- The hotel complies with the rules of the Ministry of Health as regards to the "Protection of Public Health against the corona SARS-COV-2 in the water supply and sewage systems".
- The main measures taken by all employees in the hotel to avoid the transmission of corona – COVID-19 are: hand hygiene, use of antiseptics and soap, avoidance of handshakes, keeping physical distances, avoiding the touching of their face and generally taking measures of personal and respiratory health.
- Mr. Georgios Kaminis has been appointed as the responsible coordinator of the hotel complex, for the observance of the rules of the health protocols, in the context of the measures against the corona COVID-19.
- The prescribed procedures will be followed according to the instructions of the PHO, for the management of a suspected COVID-19 case.
- The staff of the hotel complex uses personal protective equipment, for which there is a continuous supply.
- If a member of the staff shows symptoms of the disease that person stays at home and returns to work only after the laboratory test is negative. Furthermore, if he comes in contact with a case, he must stay at home. In the above cases, the employee notifies the person responsible for the implementation of the suspicious case management plan of the hotel.
- For the purposes of public health protection , the accommodation management and administration keeps a record of staff members and all persons residing in the hotel - name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, e-mail) - to make it possible to communicate with in the event of a COVID-19 case, which may be identified afterwards.
Attention is also paid to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all visitors are informed that a file is kept for reasons of public health protection only.
- The company has special equipment (medical kit) just in case there is an occurrence of a suspected case, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved gown and a laser thermometer.
- Precautions to avoid overcrowding during check-in / check-out are taken
- All key cards and keys are placed in a special container for disinfection before they are given to visitors.
- The hotel will operate with extended check-out and check-in hours between residences (check out by 11.00 am and check in from 3.00 pm).
This change in the time between each check in and check out is mandatory to ensure that the room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, and that adequate natural ventilation of the space is followed after the prior guests departure .
- Non-residents are not allowed to enter the rooms.
- Special cleaning instructions apply in the event of an incident according to the relevant PHO Directions.
- The hotel's staff adhere to the basic measures of avoiding the transmission of the corona – COVID-19 while working by not smoking, not consuming food or drink and is equipped with gloves, masks (simple surgical or canvas), medical gowns and shoes.
- Frequent cleaning of the room during the stay is avoided.It will be done only upon request .The removal and the daily change of sheets – towels will be carried out upon the request of the customer.
- The room will become available to the customer after meticulous cleaning - disinfection of all the surfaces in the room and bathroom.
- The fabric surfaces, where they exist (eg furniture upholstery) are cleaned with a steam device at a temperature of about 70 °.
- The staff follows the rules of hygiene when gathering dirty linen using the appropriate personal protective equipment (special disposable apron over the uniform, gloves and mask).
- The bedding,sheets and towels used are placed in special sealed, marked bags or sacks in order for them to be transported to the laundry areas.
- There is a separate area for the dirty and clean linen .
- The carts transporting the closed bags with the linen are disinfected after each use.
- Beddings,sheets and towels are washed in hot water cycles (70oC or more) with the usual detergents.
- Our external partners for the cleaning service, adhere to the required delivery services in the most appropriate way.
- Care is taken for the maintenance of the clean clothing so that is can remain in a clean condition during storage and during their transportation to areas of use(rooms, restaurants, etc.).
- The reception area as well as WC room has an ample supply of antiseptic for the guests to use . The reception surfaces are also regularly disinfected
- The reception area is properly designed, with the addition of floor markings at a distance of two meters where the customer will stand, proper arrangement of furniture and proper queueing management is carried out in order to reduce waiting time.
- A glass panel has been placed in the reception area between guests and staff.
- The restaurant which is la carte and the breakfast room, operate according to the health regulations applied by the PHO.
- There are special stands at the entrance and exit of each area for hand disinfection
Suspected COVID-19 case management
- If a visitor develops symptoms compatible with COVID-19 infection, the following applies:
1. The health co-ordinator of the hotel IMMEDIATELYcommunicates with the PHO via the telephone number: 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 for an evaluation of the incident by a doctor.
2. If the patient is in urgent need of hospitalization, due to severe clinical symptoms, it is referred to the relevant health unit, as a suspected case of COVID-19. If it is not possible for a COVID-19 case to be handled by the health infrastructure of the area, there must be a provision for transporting the patient (ambulance, floating ambulance, air transport) to the nearest health centre where it can be handled.
3. If the patient has mild clinical symptoms, a sample for laboratory confirmation of COVID-19 is obtained by the physician.
4. If the incident is assessed as a possible COVID-19 case through the examining doctor, the health officer of the company IMMEDIATELY communicates with the PHO at 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 (24 hours a day), for instructions on how to deal with the suspected case.
5. The guest with mild clinical symptoms remains in his room until the results of the laboratory test are announced.
6. During the above wait, the staff is advised not to enter the guest's room , unless there is a significant reason. If necessary, a staff member of the accommodation section is advised to deal ,exclusively, with the possible case.
7. The doctor and staff of the hotel entering the room of the suspected or later confirmed case must use high-protection personal protective equipment (PPE) (masks, goggles/glasses, waterproof disposable gowns). The same applies to staff cleaning the COVID-19 case room.
8. If confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is transferred to the special quarantine hotel and later to a health facility that will accommodate patients with COVID-19 if they need treatment. If not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is treated at the hotel with the instructions of the physician.
9. The patient is transported using a simple surgical mask and private means of transport.
10. If the guest is accompanied and they wish to stay close to the patient to take care of them (eg spouse), they should be given a simple surgical mask and advised to wash their hands every time they come in contact with secretions of the patient (eg. saliva) and definitely before the attendant touches their face, eats or drinks.
11. The contact details of the patient's relatives are always recorded, in case consent is required for operations and in the case where the patient cannot communicate.